Monday, October 6, 2014

28 weeks {yay for the 3rd trimester}

  
I'm 28 weeks and I have officially entered my 3rd trimester.  With 12 weeks of pregnancy remaining I have lots on my mind.  We need to get the nursery in order as well as have baby girl clothes on hand and of course size 1 diapers.  I'm getting excited to have an infant around again; Mason is so far from a baby these days.  It is so hard to remember the baby stage when they grow up and change so quickly.  I'm still feeling good but it is clear I am getting bigger.  We have a few names picked out but nothing finalized; we plan on waiting to see the baby to actually make a decision.  I have been doing some nesting and lots of online browsing for baby girl's nursery.  Here is what I have in mind:
1. Rugs USA rug: they have great sales all the time.  We waited until they were having a sale and then browsed their very large collection.  We went with this bold pattern and are going to decorate based on the rug.
2. Rugs USA Pouf: I am kind of in love with this pouf but haven't looked too hard for other options yet.  I think this will be great accent piece for her room.
3. Kersey Recliner: I've been going back and forth about moving the rocker out of Mason's room into baby girl's room; however Mason is a bit attached to his chair.  He sits in it everyday and looks through books and we rock him before bed each night and read to him.  I was regretful I didn't go with a recliner the first time around so I knew if we were going to buy another chair we needed a recliner.  With a recliner I could get some sleep on those nights baby is up every hour (wishful thinking?).
4. Land of Nod Sheets: I found these at the outlet and the bold color works great with the bold patterned rug.
5. Land of Nod Changing Pad Cover: Another outlet find but excited to experiment with several patterns in her room which seems to be so in right now.  I hope I can pull it off.
6. First Light by Benjamin Moore: a subtle pink will be the wall color of choice.

Of course, we still need to pick out and purchase the essentials....hello crib and changing table/dresser.  It will all get done (I hope) prior to the baby coming or before I slow down and run out of energy completely.  I am really starting to get excited about being a family of four and meeting our little princess.

28 weeks with Mason




No comments:

Post a Comment