Wednesday, October 1, 2014

New obsessions!

Our Nespresso machine! I've been debating on taking the plunge and investing in one of these bad boys for awhile.  I've had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket for awhile as well but I had so many questions about this machine.  After getting some friend referrals and watching some youtube informational videos I was ready to invest.  We ended up going with the Citiz but honestly if you like lattes or cappuccinos I don't think you can go wrong.  We have had the machine for about 2 weeks and I have only ventured to Starbucks twice since.  Matt has even jumped on the fancy coffee bandwagon and enjoys a cup before work each morning.  I've order several different capsules so far and we have liked all of them.  If you like coffee and tend to head to Starbucks as much as I do (like everyday) this is so the machine for you.  As a bonus the caffeine levels are reasonable and work well with my pregnancy limits.  This is going to come in handy when baby girl arrives in the middle of winter and getting out of the house won't be easy.  I will be able to enjoy a nice latte without longing, plotting and planning on how to get to the nearest bux.  Still needed Starbucks vanilla syrup and we will be the new coffee shop in town.

Warby Parker, ok I will admit I haven't actually received the glass I have ordered but they will be here very soon and I can't wait!  I wear prescription glasses to drive be it day or night so I have totally put off getting new glasses....for like 5 years.  This is in part due to the price and in part why fix it if its not broke.  Well, last week Mason was climbing around my car and my glasses broke.  I called both Costco and LensCrafters to see what their pricing was like; while they both were very reasonable as far as an eye exam goes (Costco saving us a few dollars) the cost of lenses and frames add up quickly (again Costco being more cost effective).  I have read blogs about Warby Parker in the past but was concerned about the turn around time and the fact I wouldn't be able to take advantage of their Home Try on Program.  Either way I was able to do some trying on via their virtual try on center and ended up choosing these.  Orders take about 10 days from start to finish, however my order was completed on Friday and the glasses are expected to arrive today (Wednesday).  Long story short, if you are need of a new pair of glasses or sunglasses check out Warby Parker you can't beat the price!

On the hunt for: a new diaper bag that is suitable for two kiddos and isn't too pricey and the perfect pair of sorel boots for this winter (I can't seem to decide).  Suggestions welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment