Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Mommy Guilt

It's a thing....really it is and sometimes it just creeps up on me and in turn makes me doubt pretty much everything I am doing.  Mommy Guilt usually arrives in full force when we have a bad day or a bad few days.  I start asking myself several questions: Am I doing enough with Mason? Are we getting out enough doing enough kid friendly activities?  Am I creating or feeding into his "naughty" behavior?  Am I giving in too much with TV/iphone just to make my life easier; is that really the best solution? Should I have more patience?  The good news; regardless of how I am feeling I never question if he is getting enough love or the best care a we can provide.  I know those boxes are always checked (thanks goodness).

Honestly, I know I am being hard on myself and that I am doing the best I can (I think...).  With the colder weather creeping up on us and another babe on the way I'm worried about how we are going to survive what could be a VERY long winter.  Maybe it is the anxiety of it all or just that fact that I need a mommy time out because I know in a day or two we will have the best day ever and all doubt will vanish...like it never existed.   Even on our rough days that little voice calling out "mommy mommy" in complete excitement or getting a random hug while making breakfast is both heart melting and heartwarming.  Personally, I think being a mom is the best job in the world but with that comes the good, bad and the ugly.


*as an update our morning progressively got better which makes for both a happier child and mommy*

Here a two of my go to mommy blogs that tell the truth about parenting while always bringing a smile to my face! Happy Reading:

Camp Patton - Grace has four kids 4 and under and keeps things honest and comical all at the same time.

Coffee + Crumbs - a serious of stories about motherhood that are full of raw honesty yet very heartwarming.

No comments:

Post a Comment