Thursday, November 20, 2014

Must try recipes {Part 2}

I don't know about you but I'm a little crock pot obsessed these days!  There is something about cold weather and a crock pot that go oh so well together.  Using the crock pot allows me to complete the clean up before dinner is ready (extra bonus, if you ask me).  Here are a few recipe successes I have had, easy, tasty & loved by my family.  


It's so great to help in the kitchen!

Slow Cooker Loaded Bake Potato Soup
This is soup was amazing!  Cutting all the potatoes wasn't fun but so very worth it.  Matt and I ate the leftovers for days and we even shared some with our neighbors.  Top the soup off with cheese and some bacon and not only is the soup tasty but filling.

Crock Pot Ranch Chicken Tacos
Wow, was this easy! I am planning on keeping the chicken broth, ranch mix pack and taco seasoning on hand; with no prep this is a great go to meal for when the baby gets here.  The chicken is so juicy and is loaded with flavor, yet not spicy.  Mason even asked for seconds!

Crock Pot Southwestern Corn & Potato Chowder
If you are looking for a little something different this chowder fits the bill!  It has tons of flavor and again can be eaten as a main dish.  The coconut milk adds a different element to the soup that I really enjoyed.  Next time I would add a little extra bacon....mainly because you can never have enough.

Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup
This recipe makes a ton of soup but again it was one loved by all the Murrays.  This is an easy, hearty recipe that pairs well with garlic bread or a fancy grill cheese.  We will have leftovers for days so the next serving will be accompanied by grill cheese for sure.

Let me know if you try any of these dishes or if there is a recipe I should try!  Figuring out what to make for dinner every night can sometimes be daunting; plus simple and easy is key these days. I love checking out Pintrest for new ideas.  Want to see what else I've cooked up....click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment