Sunday, September 7, 2014

24 weeks {6 month bump}

I am just going to jump right in! This pregnancy hasn't been easy on me. With Mason I enjoyed my pregnancy to the fullest and felt good. The total opposite is true this time around. I often wonder if it's because I spend my days caring for a toddler (way different then sitting at my desk at work). Or is it because I am carrying so differently and having a girl. I know the only really logical answer is that every pregnancy is different and this time around is unlike my last.

Today marks the 6 month mark; my due date seems so far away. However, with birthday season, Thanksgiving and Christmas I know the time will fly. Today also marks a week out of the hospital. Last Friday, Matt and I were headed to Kohler Wisconsin for a wedding and 45 minutes into the trip I made him turn around and head to the doctor. Turning around was the right call because the pain only got worse and I ended up spending 48 hours in the hospital hooked up with an IV as a result of kidney stones (more painful then giving birth, just trust me on this).  Apparently, kidney stones with pregnancy is common and could continue on and off till I give birth.  Solution, tons and tons of water.  Fingers crossed this will keep hospital and kidney stone free till baby girl makes her appearance.  Even with a drama filled pregnancy it is important me for to state that we are so excited about having a new baby in the house and we feel so blessed and lucky to be having another child.

24 week stats:
- Size of an cantaloupe
- I feel baby kick but mainly when I put my feet up at the end of the day (the doctor says she is moving like crazy)
- I have an anterior placenta (placenta in front baby in back) which might be why her movements are more subtle
-Matt has had the pleasure of feeling the baby a few times
- up until our visit to the hospital I have been going to a Dailey Method Class 1-2 times a week
-Cravings, can't resist anything sweet
- we made our first nursery purchase   (Rugs USA has great sales, if you are in need of a rug)
- we think this will be our paint color of choice, a subtle pink if you will
- My 6th mouth Bump with Mase




No comments:

Post a Comment