Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Weekend Recap {Visit to Kansas}

View from our hotel on a gloomy day
After days of debating if I should get on a flight to Kansas after my little hospital visit; I packed my bags and decided to go!  Seeing my college friends, visiting Lawrence and celebrating Alpha Chi Omega Phi Chapter's Centennial Celebration was just something I couldn't pass up. I am so happy I was able to spend 48 hours with some of my best friends.  We are in different places then we were 10 years ago but we easily picked up right where we left off.  I love the friends I made during my college years at the Alpha Chi house; there really is something to say about the bond of sorority sisters. Thanks to everyone who took time away from their husbands and kiddos to spend time with me!  It was a pleasure meeting/seeing many of my friends' kids and homes; it was an added bonus to our trip.
The 90's Decade Reunion: Phi Chapter Pledge Class of '99

Friday Night: We decided to stay in Lawrence for the night!  Walking around Mass Street brought back so many memories.  We stayed at The Oread, a new fancy addition to the college campus.  Our pledge class reunion was located at the bar in our hotel which was nice but didn't stop us from checking out some of our favorite drinking hot spots.  We did a "mini" pub crawl which mainly included taking pictures outside said bars.  We did get some good looks as we walked in a decade older then everyone else and two pregnant ladies in tow.  Friday night was filled with so many laughs and lots of reminiscing.
Visiting a couple old hang outs!
Saturday Morning: We headed to the AX house for house tours and pictures!  It is hard to believe how much the house has changed yet stayed the same.  We all enjoyed the house tours and visiting our old rooms but saddened that the sleeping dorms no longer exist.

House Tours

Just in case our our girls become AX's:
although Mary doesn't know if it is a boy or girl.

Saturday Night: We all gathered at Rye for dinner! It is truly amazing how different our lives are but how close we still seem.  We caught up on all things babies/kids and really just enjoyed each other's company. It is hard to put into words how much these girls mean to mean. I am so so glad I decided to go to Kansas and spend the weekend catching up with old friends and remembering all the fun times we had in the past. We were young and crazy once upon a time. Now we are all grown up; moms, wives and much much more!
Dinner with everyone to end a great trip

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to go! Sounds like a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was so happy I was able to go and enjoy the weekend.

      Delete