Monday, July 23, 2012

Family Traditions:

My family has been making trips down to Little Italy since I could remember; first stop Tufano's for their calamari, Tufano's salad and of course their eggplant parmesan or lemon chicken. Kim and Lou are bound to run into several people they know be it family or old friends; not to mention the owners are good family friends as well. During the summers our trip to Tufano's are always extra special because we get to make a second stop at Mario's Italian Lemonade for watermelon Italian ice and lupini beans.

Over the years my sister, my parents and I have shared this family tradition with others and when we are at a loss as to where to celebrate a birthday Tufano's it is!  That being said it didn't take me long to share the Tufano's experience with Matt and per usual when the weather gets nice Mario's is always a must.  Oh, and sometimes I drag Matt out of the house just to take the drive to Taylor Street for the Italian Ice and Lupini Beans (he is such a trooper).  Standing in line around the block on a hot summers night waiting for $2 Italian Ice (which Matt believes they should charge more for) and people watching has become a tradition in our household; and last night we shared this tradition with our good friends Sara & Joe!

Trips to Taylor Street will continue to be a family tradition; we are looking forward to sharing it with Baby Murray (by next summer he will be ready to try his first Italian Ice)!





Baby Bump Updated:  I'll be 30 weeks this week and for some reason I feel like this is a milestone! The little guy is all on my right side and he is sitting on my lungs (not fun).  I have good and bad nights as far as sleeping goes but I know that is just my body's way of preparing for the lack of sleep that is to come.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I would love some Italian ice today! Over 100 yuck!

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly, I'm crying reading the blog! You are just beautiful, sister!! Love you three so much!

    ReplyDelete