Tuesday, September 22, 2015

PreSchool {the new norm}

I can sum up how the first few weeks of preschool are going in two words, LIFE CHANGING! I'm not going to lie; I was worried....very worried about how the whole preschool thing was going to go.  I wanted it to work so badly but I just wasn't sure if he was ready (sharing isn't one of his strong suits and either is doing things he doesn't want to do).  I was pleasantly surprised how well Mason took to the entire experience.

I picked our particular preschool based on their pick up/drop off policy.  They do a car line where the teachers grab Mason out of his car seat in the morning and put him back during our pick up time.  Ava and I get to stay in the car which will be key when winter hits.  Mason LOVES preschool and asks daily if he gets to go to school.  He loves going to school by himself, he loves the teachers, he loves music class, playing with play doh and dressing in the color of the day.  I couldn't be more happy and either could he.  Not only does Mason love going to school he seems to have "grown up" a bit from being at school. I have a feeling this will continue to happen throughout the school year.  He know actually cleans up when we sing the clean up soung (hello, LIFE CHANGING).   Yay!!

The other reason this new norm is AMAZING....Ava usually naps while Mason is at school (did someone say fabulous!?!?!).  So Tuesdays and Thursday have officially become laundry day, straighten up the house day, pay the bills day...you get the picture.

To sum it all up preschool has been great for both of us!  My favorite part of preschool; picking Mason up and hearing about what he did in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment