Friday, September 4, 2015

My Uniform

When I had Mason and became a stay at home mom (SAHM) yoga clothes became my norm. I found that I was on the floor crawling around and later chasing after him. He always found dirt and his hands always found my pants or shirt. Mason has super sensitive skin so all my sweaters were set aside for another time in my life and soft and comfy was where it was at. I made sure to wear jeans and "get dressed" at least once a week to make sure I still fit in my clothes and to feel put together once in awhile.  Our morning routine was relaxed; grabbing Mason from his crib in my pjs knowing I would have time to get dressed after breakfast and that much needed cup of coffee.

All that changed when Ava came along! I will not, do not come downstairs in the morning without brushing my teeth and throwing my clothes on. My trusty lululemon get pulled out 99% of the time and I have picked up some great pieces for my uniform at Lucy as well. Total fashion rut?  Perhaps! Or I'm just being practical and comfy for my lifestyle? I'll be honest, I still have 10 more pounds of baby weight to lose which makes fitting into my clothes a challenge (why did the pounds come off so much easier the first time?!?!) and plays into my yoga wearing black, stretchy pants uniform. 

The best part about my uniform; it endures dirty hands, spitup, boogers, drool and splattered baby food all day long! I've become accustomed to being dirty by the end of the day and I'm glad I don't have to worry about ruining my good clothes. 

In short my uniform reflects my life now. It's durable, practical and comfortable. One day things will be different; the 10 pounds  will be shed (I can only hope) and life will be a little less messy. Jeans will find a place in my life and won't just be for "special" occasions but till then I'll embrace the now  and my yoga based attire. 

What's your current uniform???

Ps: there are days I actually workout and how great is it that I don't have to change before running to the gym?!?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment