Saturday, April 25, 2015

We're Moving

Our home December 2012 - June 2015
If you haven't already heard; we are moving.....around the block!  I know I have stated time and time again that the year 2015 was going to be the year of doing nothing (aka no big life changes, please & thank you).  However, Matt literally woke up one morning and said we are moving.  I of course, said ok (god only knows how many hours of sleep I had actually gotten that night) and let him run with it.  He house hunted on Sundays and reported back with his findings. I guess I didn't really think we were going to move or maybe I just thought the process in general would be slower, but the last month of our lives has been consumed with the buying/selling process.  We made lists at night of our house "must haves" and "would likes," I rushed over to see houses we thought might be a good fit (with the kids in toe) and I had nightmares about putting the house on the market.  Before I knew it we bought a house and it was time to sell ours.  I'm pretty sure that is when reality set in and my panic and anxiety peaked.

The stars aligned for us (thank god) and I'm slowly accepting the fact that we are moving.  We are moving to a house Matt absolutely and whole heartrendingly loves and in the neighborhood I don't want to leave. We'll have a fenced in yard with a swing set for the kids, we will no longer live on a busy street and we'll have two floors (one for sleeping and one for regular everyday activity) and we are going to be so happy there once we make the house our home.

Our house sold quickly (phew)!  The first couple who saw it bought it; we did however allow others to see it and we spent the majority of the week it was on the market out of the house.  It was stressful and I'm glad that part if over.  I don't know how people with small children (mainly toddlers) live for long periods of time with their house on the market (they are saints in my eyes).

You're waiting for the BUT, right!?!?!?!  There really isn't one besides the fact the process behind us and the moving process ahead of us is plain old stressful...  However, last night I woke up in the middle of the night not to feed Ava but thinking about the new owners of our house.  I imagined myself leaving them a note on colored construction paper with marker, it would read:

Welcome - I hope you have as many wonderful memories in this home as we did!  Our son took his first steps in the basement after a morning at Oakbrook getting his haircut.  We brought our daughter home from the hospital for the first time and this home is where she gained her strength.  Your neighbors our wonderful; enjoy them.  Welcome to the community; it is an amazing place to live!

My conclusion, we made this house a home!  The colors on the wall our perfect for us and the memories we made here are some of the best.  Mason transformed from a baby to a little person here; we found out we were expecting our 2nd child here and reviled Ava's gender here...I like it here.  Deep down I know the move will be best for our family and Matt was able to see that way before I was.   We will make the next house a home too.  Create more wonderful memories but never forget the ones we created here.  Maybe part of me isn't ready for the change or the move and the exhaustion that comes with it (I'm already tired enough).   But on to the next adventure for us.....just around the block!!!

Our 1st move as a family


No comments:

Post a Comment