Monday, June 4, 2012

A Walk in the Park...

It was a beautiful weekend in Chicago and Matt and I took full advantage of that on Saturday!  We hit up the Green City Market and picked up some fresh cilantro (which was pretty fabulous in the black bean & corn salsa we made Sunday night);  then we headed north to the Lincoln Park Zoo!  Many of the animals were out and about enjoying the day as well as many families (we can't wait to take our little guy to the zoo next summer).  We also did the Nature Walk which is part of the zoo as well; all the walking had made us hungry and wanting a rest which lead us to our next stop.. Dunnley's for apps and "drinks" (my go to drink these days are virgin bloody Mary's).  Even though we had tons to accomplish Matt & I put all of that aside and thoroughly enjoyed our walk in the park and a beautiful day in the city!


House News: Matt has been working hard on our condo; we thought we were going to put it on the market last week but it appears that every accomplished project leads to more work.  We have new tile in the downstairs bathroom and Matt is in the process of painting the baseboards and the bathroom door.  We have another flooring guy coming out this week to do some more finishing touches.....  I guess we aren't in a huge hurry since we have no new news on the house we put an offer on last month.  I still have a good feeling about it but as we approach my due date I get more concerned about where were are going to be living.

Baby News:  I'm 23 weeks and the little one has been moving around more (or at least I can feel him more) which is so exciting!  Matt even got to feel him the other night; just 121 days till we get to hold the little man.

Aunt Mia was in Lawrence and picked up Baby Boy Murray's March Madness 2013 outfit!  I can't wait to deck him out in Jayhawk Gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment